Basic to advance level PHP tutorials for beginners and professionals. This PHP tutorial will help you learn the basic and advance level of PHP (server side scripting programming language) with examples in an easy way.
PHP is an open-source server-side scripting language and it is very popular. Generally, PHP codes are executed on the webserver and the result is sent to the web browser as plain HTML. PHP can be supported by the number of popular databases, like MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, Sybase, and so on.
In this PHP tutorial, covers all the topics of PHP such as introduction, control statements, functions, array, string, file handling, form handling, regular expression, date and time, object-oriented programming in PHP, math, PHP MySQL, PHP with Ajax, PHP with jQuery and PHP with XML.
What is PHP?
PHP stands for Hypertext Preprocessor. PHP is a server-side scripting language. It is commonly used to create dynamic and interactive web pages or websites. PHP can be easily embedded into HTML files and HTML codes can also be written to a PHP file.
History of PHP
PHP was originally created by a developer named Rasmus Lerdorf in 1994.
What We Can Do with PHP
There are a lot of things we can do with PHP scripts.
- We can generate dynamic web pages.
- We can generate dynamic files.
- We create, open, read, write and close files on the server.
- We can collect data from a web pages or web forms like email id, phone no, age, or other user info etc.
- We can send informative, promotional, registration, activation emails to users of our website.
- We can track the visitors of our website to send and receive cookies.
- We can create, read, update, delete information in our database tables.
- We can restrict unauthorized access to our website.
- The above list does not end here, there are many other interesting things that we can do with PHP.